- Arizona charter school teachers are currently discussing Common Core implementation. It’s not too late to join the discussion. This is your chance to share your experience and have an impact on public policy around the implementation of the Common Core. Superintendent John Huppenthal and State Board President Jaime Molera are eager to hear what you have to say.
- Massachusetts teachers are currently discussing the achievement gap in Gateway Cities. It’s not too late to join the discussion. This is your chance to share your expertise and knowledge to help inform MTA policy initiatives. Your written report will be presented to the MTA Board for consideration.
- Read VIVA Founder and CEO Elizabeth Evan’s blog posts: “VIVA Is On Your Side” and “Baseball and Education Reform Both Have Their Heroes.”
- Read VIVA Minnesota Teacher-Leader Wade Sutton’s blog post: “Raising Educators”
- Read VIVA New York Teacher-Leader Mark Anderson’s latest blog: “It Takes More Than War PART I: A Critique of Geoffrey Canada’s Approach to Ed Reform”
- Read VIVA Minnesota Teacher-Leader Glenn Morehouse Olson’s commentary for the Minnesota Educator: “VIVA Validates the Power of Showing Up.”
- VIVA Chicago Teacher-Leader, Jeanne Walker, will be holding a silent auction during the Arts Festival on April 27 from 5-8pm in the Boys Gym at Orr Academy High School. Students have been asked to create furniture inspired by a local hero or organization and to use painted furniture designs inspired by outsider or visionary artists. The proceeds from the furniture sold at the silent auction will be split: half will go to the students and half will go to student-led initiatives that support the school’s mission such as girls and boys groups, Parent University, and yoga for stress and confidence. If you’d like to know more, you can email Jeanne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- VIVA Chicago Teacher-Leader, Kori Milroy, is creating a podcast of teachers talking about education policy issues. The first podcast will be available soon!
- VIVA Minnesota teachers were mentioned in MinnPost about their report on principal evaluations. Read the full article.
- The Minnesota Educator wrote an article about the Minnesota report on principal evaluations: 360 Degree Leadership: Evaluating Minnesota’s Principals.